Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Revised History Poster



My poster is based on the history of horror films and how they have evolved over the years. I used old black and white clips from different horror films over time and presented them in a film strip. This image will let the audience automatically know what my poster is about with out having to read the information. Along side of the film strip I wrote little points about how horror films have evolved, such as the color, and sound that has been added to them over the years. I use emphasis on the title of the poster by making it bold and drippy like. This I think is the first thing that you see. Also, the color is red so it's bold and stands out from the rest of the font. As for the film strip it has been placed to cut the poster in half almost. My poster is prett standard, The font on the right has been aligned witht he film strip in a way it does not over lap. As for the title it's tilted a little and bleeds off the page. The contarst in the poster is between the colors and size of the font. The main font is bold and stands out, and then the subtitles are printed in a smaller font. The colors I used contrast one another, such as the navy blue, red and grey. The poster flows throughout, by dividing it into three sections, the title, main picture, and information. Your eye starts from the top left and then flows to the bottom of the right. The repition has been placed within the information, I used the same color and size headers, and then use the same font underneathe them. The colors that I used were purposley dark ones. I wanted my poster to have an eery, scray feel. For the title I used a blood type red that you would see in horror films today. The background is navy blue, because if I had used black it would have blended in witht he film strip. As for the grey font, it's a sample from the grey that is in the film strip. I think these colors gave the poster the right effect I was looking for, and it turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment